Will a Lenovo T480 suffice?

Danyn

Hi there!

I'm looking to buy a windows laptop for beyond.

I have my eyes set on a Lenovo T480 with an i7-8650 quadcore @ 1.9GHz and Intel UHD 620. I know that the system requirements for Beyond recommend Intel 10th gen i5, 2.5GHz or better but I'm hoping I can get away with the 1.9GHz.

Will it be enough or should I look at a more powerful machine? If the latter, are there any recommendations? I've built all my windows machines and have always gone with a Macbook Pro for laptops so I'm a bit clueless when it comes to Windows laptops.

On a side note, are touch screen laptops recommended? I'll be using an APC MK2 as a midi controller but I've heard some people say that a touch screen comes in real handy from time to time.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply! I ended up finding a really good deal on an IdeaPad 5, which is probably a bit overkill, but at least I won't have to worry about system requirements.

No touchscreen but I think that's okay. I'm pretty picky about smudges on the screen anyways lol.

Probably not much help, but I'm running a 2015 13" macbook pro with a dual core i7 and 16 gig RAM and Beyond runs just fine in bootcamp. Personally I don't get on with touchscreens as I tend to poke the screen when showing people things, but a second touchscreen is very useful

Back