Windows 7 installation problems

Dan UK

I am trying to install LS2000 on a windows 7 desktop. I have the QM2000.net rack mount hardware attached via a network cable. The software will not install at all (giving errors that it cant access comcat.dll amongst others) unless I install as backwards compatability mode windows 98/ME.
Once the sofware finally installs it then gives errors that:
'The PC to QUADMOD32 Communications port should be empty but is not. This may be due to a missing QM32 or anaddress conflict'
Does this software install correctly on win 7 or do I need a patch. As far as I know the window 7 patch is to be applied after a WORKING instlation.
Please help!

The update to which you refer only works if you apply it to a WORKING version of LD2000. I have never even got mine to open. If I apply the update anyway it looks OK at first but then comes up with a .dll error (MSVBVM60.dll) Then fails - again!
Incidently, the same sort of errors occur if I try to install on a different PC also (XP). It seems that LD2000 cant find the QM board although if I use the QM Sniffer app it finds the ip address of the board no problem...

Last edited:
It is not surprising to me that V410 will not install on Windows 7. That is a pretty old version made way before Windows 7.

The new install DVD set will fix this issue.

Back