Won't support MP3 or WAV files, help?

LSCCarter

Hey all

New to Quickshow, so I'm sure this is just a rookie mistake everyone will take humour in...

As the title suggests I am having issues loading any audio at all

When ever go to select a audio file (both MP3 & WAV formats), Quickshow will quickly send me a pop up/error window saying that "Given file type is not supported, loading is stopped."
*By the way , this is quick show 2.0*

Anyone else encounter this issue and find a solution and or are handier with all this than I clearly am and can offer any advice ?

Thanks for reading
the latest noob to the neighbourhood ....:confused:

Last edited:
I rarely have a problem loading files; if I do it is usually something to do with how they were ripped, encoded, or created. Once I ran into a situation where the way the files were named was causing a problem. If you want to send me a couple of the files to test with I can see if I can reproduce your issue with your files. All the audio files I have loaded today have worked with no issue.

I had the same problem and got it fixed. Did you solve your problem already. If not, I may be able to help.

Dear Sprocket,

Please post your solution here so others may benefit.

Best regards,

William Benner

Having this problem too on a fresh installation of windows 7 32 bit on a laptop
I noticed it has to do with when an audio file contains any information about author or title.

Edit: I noticed importing the wav with audacity and then exporting it on the same pc fixes the problem somehow.

Last edited:
Hmmm very interesting. Please send us a file by email so we can examine it. We have plenty of computers running Windows 7.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hello. Im just starting to play with QuickShow.
I'm having trouble loading ANY mp3 files. I get the error message "Given file type is not supported, loading is stopped."
Was this problem fixed please?

I second that statement
" I noticed importing the wav with audacity and then exporting it on the same pc fixes the problem somehow."

if you got error message when trying to load an audio file to the timeline you may have to convert that with a 3rd party software.(Audacity e.g.)
Should fix the issue.
I've noticed this issue is independent from what windows versions you use. I already got error messages from both 7 and 10.(32+64bit)

Last edited:
Back