What are ProTracks?

Garrett_502

I'm trying to figure out what ProTracks are? lol There's nothing in the documentation and no tutorials referencing ProTracks, yet I see this new stuff regarding "proTrack effects" in B2.1 Anyone?

ProTrack is a static cue player. It is alternative to dynamic players.

Usually, when you click on the cue, BEYOND create a player for this cue. You stop the cue and player will be removed. This is very comfortable model for many situations, however, as any decision, it has some limitations.

ProTrack is a player you can access from script or UI. You can change effect leaving the cue, or change cue leaving the effect or settings inactive. In fact, there are many consequences.

ProTrack may be considered as track of LivePRO too. Not exact copy, but similar nature.

Anyway, I think words static and dynamic explain the reason. The resist is a consequence.

Regards,
Alexey

Alexey,

If protrack is used instead of dynamic player and I add effects at protrack level, can I still use quick capture to create new cues with effects intact?

There is better question than possible or no. Should be go this way or no.

"Capture" in its form has a limit because of "chicken and egg" paradox.

Alexey.

another question on ProTracks

Hi Alexey, is ProTrack player a feature primarily for live operations or does it has a usage for timeline based shows too ? (sorry maybe I misunderstand something generally )

how is it accessible by UI?
are there version limitaions? like i this advanced / ultimate only?
what menus other then pango script/ object tree would I find it described as a 'protrack'?

ps also I see you can assing protracks and buses in timeline mode, I use buses...but then are protracks only via pangoscripts?

getting back into protracks again. I got the zone routing figured out better. I got the 1st cue in each track figured out. After that I'm pretty lost.
Is there a settings menu for tracks? I keep having my cues routed as cue 1 in the first check mark box. How do I enter more cues? Also it sounds like I can do things with effects, but not sure
how to set that up, or control. (I wasn't a livepro person, was doing beyond with live control) I still want to learn about protools, as I think it might be an asset for live operation, and pangoscripting.
Looking around for any videos or documentation. I bet I'm doing something really dumb like clicking and dragging when I'm supposed to be double clicking or something.

getting back into protracks again. I got the zone routing figured out better. I got the 1st cue in each track figured out. After that I'm pretty lost.
Is there a settings menu for tracks? I keep having my cues routed as cue 1 in the first check mark box. How do I enter more cues? Also it sounds like I can do things with effects, but not sure
how to set that up, or control. (I wasn't a livepro person, was doing beyond with live control) I still want to learn about protools, as I think it might be an asset for live operation, and pangoscripting.
Looking around for any videos or documentation. I bet I'm doing something really dumb like clicking and dragging when I'm supposed to be double clicking or something.
I don't know, this video is help for you, but maybe:

Back