which fog / hazer machine for the show programmed and controlled by QS

Hi @ all.
On 2th of july I have a big event outdoor. I know how much will be difficult to diffuse fog outdoor.
Now I have two 900 w hazer, very good for indoor show but lowest power for outdoor.
Could U tell me wich fog machine with diffuser (if present) will be good for outdoor show? wich liquid is indicate for that?
And clearly I don't want spend all my money for it :_)
A good price for a beginner laserist :)

Thanks @ all
Carlo

For outside?

You can never have enough smoke.
How large is the venue?

If you need smoke for more than 1000 people, most of the time you need multiple smoke machines and an co2 system to get results

For outside?

You can never have enough smoke.
How large is the venue?

If you need smoke for more than 1000 people, most of the time you need multiple smoke machines and an co2 system to get results

The stage are for 500-600 people, and now I think to use two prolights vx3000d with a two big hearth fan diffuser, I hope it's enogh for have a quite good effect.

I programm my show without full line design, but always with a point line,! Point are more visible without a good hAZER effect!
cLEARLY i SET MY qs TO SLOW DOWN TO 25 % THE LASER POWER WHEN THE RAYS GOES INTO THE PEOPLE FOR SAFE THEIR EYES :)

The stage are for 500-600 people, and now I think to use two prolights vx3000d with a two big hearth fan diffuser, I hope it's enogh for have a quite good effect.

I programm my show without full line design, but always with a point line,! Point are more visible without a good hAZER effect!
cLEARLY i SET MY qs TO SLOW DOWN TO 25 % THE LASER POWER WHEN THE RAYS GOES INTO THE PEOPLE FOR SAFE THEIR EYES :)

You need to measure the power with a meter, not rely on "25%" heuristics. in fact you need an oscilloscope to correctly gauge the pulse width, and use that to compute the power transmitted to eyeballs. You can damage retinas with 5mW of power.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THESE CALCULATIONS YOU SHOULD NOT BE AUDIENCE SCANNING

Also: you cannot rely on the beam attenuation map for safety. If the hardware fails there may be a static, 100% power beam shining into the audience.

IF YOU WANT TO AUDIENCE SCAN, YOU NEED HARDWARE SCANFAIL FITTED IN YOUR PROJECTORS.

(You do these for your own sake, because the lawsuit would finish you if s**t happened)

You need to measure the power with a meter, not rely on "25%" heuristics. in fact you need an oscilloscope to correctly gauge the pulse width, and use that to compute the power transmitted to eyeballs. You can damage retinas with 5mW of power.

I had mesure the power out of laser with a meter and at 25% IS QUITE LOW.

THEN THE LASER ARE PLACED AT 4 METER HIGH AND 10 METER AWAY FROM THE FIRST AUDIENCE PEOPLE.
AFTER I PROGRAMMED MY SHOW OVER HEAD PEOPLE AND ONLY IN TWO TIMES THERE ARE A SPEED SCANNING.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THESE CALCULATIONS YOU SHOULD NOT BE AUDIENCE SCANNING

Also: you cannot rely on the beam attenuation map for safety. If the hardware fails there may be a static, 100% power beam shining into the audience.

The hardware failing it's a every laserist's problem. I can't prewiev and U can't prewiev and no one caN'T PREWIEV. It's for this thet laser havea black out safety push button !

IF YOU WANT TO AUDIENCE SCAN, YOU NEED HARDWARE SCANFAIL FITTED IN YOUR PROJECTORS.

Yes of course infact I haven't programmed show with a continuos audience scan but only for 5 sec total in three passage.
But also in this case the hardware could be fail...

(You do these for your own sake, because the lawsuit would finish you if s**t happened)

I think that I had do all the thing correctly for save my audience people and for do a good show.

If you don't do the calculation, And if you don't messure the intensity of the laser you never know how much power you use.

Most lasers do not display laser power linear.
Most lasers are Nonlinear, which means that 50% in the software could be 80% laser output.

Its dangerous to not do the calculations an mesurements.
You are also liable for caused damage.

No mather the country your in.

If you don't do the calculation, And if you don't messure the intensity of the laser you never know how much power you use.

Most lasers do not display laser power linear.
Most lasers are Nonlinear, which means that 50% in the software could be 80% laser output.

Its dangerous to not do the calculations an mesurements.
You are also liable for caused damage.

No mather the country your in.

Ok thanks for your advice

carlettodj said:
The hardware failing it's a every laserist's problem. I can't prewiev and U can't prewiev and no one caN'T PREWIEV. It's for this thet laser havea black out safety push button !

No NO NO! It will take you anything from one half to two seconds to notice a problem and hit a kill switch. The eye reaction time is, on the other hand, 0.25s on average. If you cannot turn the power to 0 within milliseconds of a fail, you are TOO LATE. 100% power from even a modest projector going into an eyeball can do irreparable damage or even blindness.

This is why you should fit scanfail circuitry on projectors used for scanning audiences. They can turn on blanking when the scanners stop moving despite there being a control signal.

Back