which fog / hazer machine for the show programmed and controlled by QS

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer QuickShow' started by carlettodj, Jun 22, 2011.

1. carlettodj

carlettodj Active Member

Hi @ all.
    On 2th of july I have a big event outdoor. I know how much will be difficult to diffuse fog outdoor.
    Now I have two 900 w hazer, very good for indoor show but lowest power for outdoor.
    Could U tell me wich fog machine with diffuser (if present) will be good for outdoor show? wich liquid is indicate for that?
    And clearly I don't want spend all my money for it :_)
    A good price for a beginner laserist :)

Thanks @ all
    Carlo

2. Cyberb0b

Cyberb0b Well-Known Member

For outside?

You can never have enough smoke.
    How large is the venue?

If you need smoke for more than 1000 people, most of the time you need multiple smoke machines and an co2 system to get results

3. smokeAndMirrors

smokeAndMirrors Well-Known Member

How powerful are your lasers? A minimum of 10W is recommended for outdoor use.

4. carlettodj

carlettodj Active Member

The stage are for 500-600 people, and now I think to use two prolights vx3000d with a two big hearth fan diffuser, I hope it's enogh for have a quite good effect.

I programm my show without full line design, but always with a point line,! Point are more visible without a good hAZER effect!
    cLEARLY i SET MY qs TO SLOW DOWN TO 25 % THE LASER POWER WHEN THE RAYS GOES INTO THE PEOPLE FOR SAFE THEIR EYES :)

5. carlettodj

carlettodj Active Member

Today I have two green lasers with a 2,2 watt output garantee and I have test 2,5 watt maximun.

For outdoor is just enough to have a good show I hope. :_)

On august I goes for One 6w Rgb .

6. smokeAndMirrors

You need to measure the power with a meter, not rely on "25%" heuristics. in fact you need an oscilloscope to correctly gauge the pulse width, and use that to compute the power transmitted to eyeballs. You can damage retinas with 5mW of power.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THESE CALCULATIONS YOU SHOULD NOT BE AUDIENCE SCANNING

Also: you cannot rely on the beam attenuation map for safety. If the hardware fails there may be a static, 100% power beam shining into the audience.

IF YOU WANT TO AUDIENCE SCAN, YOU NEED HARDWARE SCANFAIL FITTED IN YOUR PROJECTORS.

(You do these for your own sake, because the lawsuit would finish you if s**t happened)

7. carlettodj

carlettodj Active Member

I think that I had do all the thing correctly for save my audience people and for do a good show.

8. Cyberb0b

Cyberb0b Well-Known Member

If you don't do the calculation, And if you don't messure the intensity of the laser you never know how much power you use.

Most lasers do not display laser power linear.
    Most lasers are Nonlinear, which means that 50% in the software could be 80% laser output.

Its dangerous to not do the calculations an mesurements.
    You are also liable for caused damage.

No mather the country your in.

9. carlettodj

carlettodj Active Member

Ok thanks for your advice

10. smokeAndMirrors

No NO NO! It will take you anything from one half to two seconds to notice a problem and hit a kill switch. The eye reaction time is, on the other hand, 0.25s on average. If you cannot turn the power to 0 within milliseconds of a fail, you are TOO LATE. 100% power from even a modest projector going into an eyeball can do irreparable damage or even blindness.

This is why you should fit scanfail circuitry on projectors used for scanning audiences. They can turn on blanking when the scanners stop moving despite there being a control signal.