LCADAT

Could you point me to the documentation for lcadat use in beyond. I would like to get a better understanding of the overscan and points optimizations.

Thanks

Thanks so much not sure how I missed that, in my searches..

Do you know if I was dreaming or if at one time I heard something about pangolin going to a cloud based lic server, where there maybe options to rent a lic for a particular amount of time? I ask because I use this tool in the SLE version, but now just own essentials in 4, and I would need the highest tier lic to access LC-ADAT now (*which seems odd since it was in my intro and basic versions of QM2000/showtime*). I have not the needs for any other features in Ultimate and can not justify it for home use only, but if a lic could be rented for a week/month I would do that. The SLE version is 32Bit so it runs out of memory at 2gb, I believe the version in beyond 4 is 64bit and could do more than 20minute conversion in a single pass.

Thanks so much not sure how I missed that, in my searches..

Do you know if I was dreaming or if at one time I heard something about pangolin going to a cloud based lic server, where there maybe options to rent a lic for a particular amount of time? I ask because I use this tool in the SLE version, but now just own essentials in 4, and I would need the highest tier lic to access LC-ADAT now (*which seems odd since it was in my intro and basic versions of QM2000/showtime*). I have not the needs for any other features in Ultimate and can not justify it for home use only, but if a lic could be rented for a week/month I would do that. The SLE version is 32Bit so it runs out of memory at 2gb, I believe the version in beyond 4 is 64bit and could do more than 20minute conversion in a single pass.

Soon, very soon.

With the monthly sub now being available, could you or someone verify my thought process on this before I invest in a couple FB4's and the rental.
1) Is LCADAT now 64bit, where it will not run into the 2GB memory error (I have this issue in the SLE version)?
2) If I convert at a higher overscan rate, can I then use distributed scanning with FB4's to 2 projectors to effectively up-convert the ADAT files reducing flicker?
3) Any recommendations on overscan for this purpose if what is described above will work? For both a single head and distributed scanning? For 24K original ADAT content that will now run on C-506's.

Thanks

Back