LCADAT

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by polishedball, Apr 21, 2021.

1. polishedball

polishedball Member

Could you point me to the documentation for lcadat use in beyond. I would like to get a better understanding of the overscan and points optimizations.

Thanks

2. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

3. polishedball

polishedball Member

Thanks so much not sure how I missed that, in my searches..

Do you know if I was dreaming or if at one time I heard something about pangolin going to a cloud based lic server, where there maybe options to rent a lic for a particular amount of time? I ask because I use this tool in the SLE version, but now just own essentials in 4, and I would need the highest tier lic to access LC-ADAT now (*which seems odd since it was in my intro and basic versions of QM2000/showtime*). I have not the needs for any other features in Ultimate and can not justify it for home use only, but if a lic could be rented for a week/month I would do that. The SLE version is 32Bit so it runs out of memory at 2gb, I believe the version in beyond 4 is 64bit and could do more than 20minute conversion in a single pass.

4. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

Soon, very soon.

polishedball likes this.
  5. polishedball

polishedball Member

With the monthly sub now being available, could you or someone verify my thought process on this before I invest in a couple FB4's and the rental.
    1) Is LCADAT now 64bit, where it will not run into the 2GB memory error (I have this issue in the SLE version)?
    2) If I convert at a higher overscan rate, can I then use distributed scanning with FB4's to 2 projectors to effectively up-convert the ADAT files reducing flicker?
    3) Any recommendations on overscan for this purpose if what is described above will work? For both a single head and distributed scanning? For 24K original ADAT content that will now run on C-506's.

Thanks