Beyond - Tim's qc on "Beyond Draw"

Tim Walsh

Beyond Draw program -

-I prefer an "undo/redo" button instead of a confirmation window that pops up before every deletion. Professionals need to be able to work more quickly.

-I found snap-to-grid, and how to adjust it, but I was not able to get the freehand tool to snap to grid points. Also the freehand tool has several layers that need to be documented.

- What is "Place Image"

- "Show it Now" keeps turning off, it gets annoying to have to keep clicking it back on.

Beyond Draw program -

-I prefer an "undo/redo" button instead of a confirmation window that pops up before every deletion. Professionals need to be able to work more quickly.

Sure. One thing about programmers Tim :) every programmer I know, including myself, really hates Undo (I mean hates to code it). It is the most laborious and tedious and least rewarding tool. Because of these facts, undo normally appears in a program last. I've seen this over and over again, not only on the Pangolin team. Undo will be coming, but it's not quite there yet :)

-I found snap-to-grid, and how to adjust it, but I was not able to get the freehand tool to snap to grid points. Also the freehand tool has several layers that need to be documented.

For sure you are correct.

- "Show it Now" keeps turning off, it gets annoying to have to keep clicking it back on.

Tell me what you mean by "keeps". When does it turn off?

Best regards,

William Benner

Tell me what you mean by "keeps". When does it turn off?

Best regards,

William Benner

I tried it again - I am using "delete" a lot - if I delete an object, "show it now" turns off. Then I have to click it on again to see my picture after the deletion. And so on.... I'd prefer it to just keep showing what I am working on, so that I can concentrate on the work, rather than keep clicking "show it now". - Tim

Tim,

In the version of BEYOND that I sent you, right-click on the Timeline button, and you'll see another drawing editor. This is the one that will remain in BEYOND. The other one I think you're talking about is going away.

(I'm speaking a little out of school here Tim, because up until now, you've used only words to describe these things, and I've developed a mental block to words over the past few years. Something happened to me such that I require pictures before I can fully understand what you're talking about. This becomes necessary in a program like BEYOND that has more than 1,000,000 lines of code and around 140 separate windows.)

In the future, please attach a screen shot so we can understand a bit better what you are talking about.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back