Beyond - Tim's qc on "Beyond Draw"

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by Tim Walsh, May 29, 2012.

1. Tim Walsh

Tim Walsh Active Member

Beyond Draw program -

-I prefer an "undo/redo" button instead of a confirmation window that pops up before every deletion. Professionals need to be able to work more quickly.

-I found snap-to-grid, and how to adjust it, but I was not able to get the freehand tool to snap to grid points. Also the freehand tool has several layers that need to be documented.

- What is "Place Image"

- "Show it Now" keeps turning off, it gets annoying to have to keep clicking it back on.

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Sure. One thing about programmers Tim :) every programmer I know, including myself, really hates Undo (I mean hates to code it). It is the most laborious and tedious and least rewarding tool. Because of these facts, undo normally appears in a program last. I've seen this over and over again, not only on the Pangolin team. Undo will be coming, but it's not quite there yet :)

For sure you are correct.

Tell me what you mean by "keeps". When does it turn off?

Best regards,

William Benner

3. Tim Walsh

Tim Walsh Active Member

I tried it again - I am using "delete" a lot - if I delete an object, "show it now" turns off. Then I have to click it on again to see my picture after the deletion. And so on.... I'd prefer it to just keep showing what I am working on, so that I can concentrate on the work, rather than keep clicking "show it now". - Tim

4. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Tim,

In the version of BEYOND that I sent you, right-click on the Timeline button, and you'll see another drawing editor. This is the one that will remain in BEYOND. The other one I think you're talking about is going away.

(I'm speaking a little out of school here Tim, because up until now, you've used only words to describe these things, and I've developed a mental block to words over the past few years. Something happened to me such that I require pictures before I can fully understand what you're talking about. This becomes necessary in a program like BEYOND that has more than 1,000,000 lines of code and around 140 separate windows.)

In the future, please attach a screen shot so we can understand a bit better what you are talking about.

Best regards,

William Benner