Question - is there zone chasing in Beyond software???

can some one tell me if there is zone chasing in the Beyond Software?

Beyond is evolving all the time, so I can't say for sure. But there are a bunch of related functions in the product that may be able to help you acheive what you want.

Firstly, you can route (just about) any cue to any zone, using the keypad numbers.

Secondly, you can probably write a PangoScript what takes a cue and sequences its target zone. I haven't looked, but it sounds like the sort of thing it would be good for.

Thirdly, there are things called Capture Sequences. These are on the QuickCapture tab, and they allow you to sequence a collection of existing cues step-wise and there is routing functionality in there. Never used it in anger so can't say categorically.

Fourthly, you can always fall back on the timeline to chase the zones but that of course means you can't change very much dynamically.

I did something similar last night using 5 projectors and 3 zones.

Try copy and paste this into pangoscripts, modify to suit your needs :)
There might be easier ways to do this, im still learning, i guess this should have been posted in the pango scripts section :)

Code:
//StopOnBlackout
CodeName "Chase Main Zones"

var BeatCounter
BeatCounter=4

start_script:
UnselectAllZones
WaitForTimerBeat BeatCounter
SelectZoneName "Main Graphics"
FocusCellIndex randomin(1, 40)
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
SelectZoneName "Scanner 2 Main"
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
SelectZoneName "Scanner 3 Main"
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
SelectZoneName "Scanner 1 Main"
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
SelectZoneName "Scanner 1 Main"
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
SelectZoneName "Main Graphics"
StartCell 

UnselectAllZones
SetFX 2, 3
StartCell 
SetFX 2, 0

goto start_script

Nice, Dennis!!!!

We love it when people share there scripts!!

And with such an answer, I moved the topic to the PangoScript area :)

Greets,

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope more and more users will share their scripts here in the near future :)
Pangoscripts is probably one of the most powerful sides of beyond in my opinion, The future looks bright :D

Cheers

Relatively new and recommended way to make a zone chase is Effect. In Effect Tab (at the right) there is Property button, above "Add" button. In Effect properties dialog there are options for zone chase. Recommended place for such effect is FX, applied to Cue or Master.

Effect is simplest way to make a chase.

Cheers,

Alexey.

Relatively new and recommended way to make a zone chase is Effect. In Effect Tab (at the right) there is Property button, above "Add" button. In Effect properties dialog there are options for zone chase. Recommended place for such effect is FX, applied to Cue or Master.

Effect is simplest way to make a chase.

Cheers,

Alexey.

Do you think we'll see an option to chase "groups" of zones as well?

Thanks for good question!

One projection zone can output to multiple projection zones by means of "Also To" feature. That is the first direction.

Another direction is PangoScript.

The most possibly we will work on new chase methods after release of BEYOND 2.0

Cheers,

Alexey.

Alexey,

One quick related question:

WaitForTimerBeat 1

This works to wait one beat, but how do we specify wait values of 1/8 note, 1/16th note, etc.

Thanks,
Devin

Thank you Alexey, for showing us how to do zone chasing with the Effect properties tab.

1. I figured out how to add a zone chasing effect to a QuickFX applied to the Master. The only problem with this method is that no matter when you trigger the cue with that Chase Quick FX enabled, the cue is reset to start at the same timing as any other cues. i.e., currently when the Chase effect QuickFX is enabled on the Master, no matter when cues are triggered, they all play on the same zone at the same time. It would be extremely useful if you could trigger different cues but they would independently chase the zones based on when you triggered. That could create some very cool patterns on multiple projectors (and allow for all of the zones to be playing different "steps" of the chase "cycle".

The "separate" chase timing effect works great when the QuickFX is enabled on the Cue instead of the Master. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to quickly change cues if you have to enable the QuickFX each time you select a cue. Perhaps this is something that PangoScript could achieve?

2. When using this method of zone chasing, and wanting to sequence very quickly, let's say to 1/16th notes, how can I specify small note values in the Chase Time slider? When I enter .25 as a value it changed to .2 .125 is changed to .1

3. Can you explain what the "Multi-zone time-shift" settings do in the Effect properties window?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Meeble,

About 1. Now BEYOND offer a few places for zone chase effects - Cue, Master, Universe window what actially work as a Master. What you talk about require one more thing - LivepRO-like track. It will allow change cue and leave the settings and still have multiple things active. Right now this is not possible, "ProTracks" will be introduced later, when we will solve all conceptual questions.

About 2. OK, I will change slider range.

About 3. Create a cue that goes to 3 zones (in Cue properties). Create effect in this cue, as example some wave-possition. Start the Cue. Open Effect Properties, and shift a bit the time shift sliders. You will see the action. It is time shift in effect action, from zone to zon.

Alexey.

About 1. Now BEYOND offer a few places for zone chase effects - Cue, Master, Universe window what actially work as a Master. What you talk about require one more thing - LivepRO-like track. It will allow change cue and leave the settings and still have multiple things active. Right now this is not possible, "ProTracks" will be introduced later, when we will solve all conceptual questions.

Gotcha.

About 2. OK, I will change slider range.

It's more about being able to see more decimal places in the value readout. If I could see .25 or .125, at least I would know the beat value is set correctly.

About 3. Create a cue that goes to 3 zones (in Cue properties). Create effect in this cue, as example some wave-possition. Start the Cue. Open Effect Properties, and shift a bit the time shift sliders. You will see the action. It is time shift in effect action, from zone to zone.

Thanks - I will try this out. :)

Is there by chance a temporary way around this with Pangoscript?

Back