Projector disconnected warnings

smokeAndMirrors

I often create 2 versions of a show - for 4 projectors or 2 projectors, depending on the size of the venue. When I create the 2-projector show, every time I enable laser output, I get a warning dialog telling me that there are interfaces not connected. Is there a way to prevent this dialog appearing, or must I delete the projectors?

If you have something set, cue/show event/show track, to a zone that does not have a hardware controller set to it that is connected to the computer, then this pop up will occur.

To stop the pop up you need to have all your content going to a zone with hardware connected to the computer; either by removing disconnected hardware from the "Laser and EmuLaser hardware controller" menu or by assigning all the projection zones your content is using to hardware controllers that are connected to the computer... (or changing all your content to go to zones you know have hardware connected).

What would be useful in this scenario is the projector equivalent of /dev/nul - setting a zone to this output would stop the messages. Rather than me having to edit every cue in the workspace.

Editing all your cues would be the worst case situation. You just need to edit your zones or reset the connected hardware so the disconnected hardware is removed. If you have content going to a zone set to disconnected hardware, change the zone to a controller that is connected.

The message pop up is there to be helpful.

Editing all your cues would be the worst case situation. You just need to edit your zones or reset the connected hardware so the disconnected hardware is removed. If you have content going to a zone set to disconnected hardware, change the zone to a controller that is connected.

The message pop up is there to be helpful.

Stupid question here, but if I have a workspace W1 with projectors A and B in it, save it to W2, then remove B in W2, will B still be in W1?

That's not stupid, but it feels like algebra...

Technically you do not save projectors in the workspace; the cues are routed to zones and that is saved, but the zones could be set to any projector. To me it would be saving W1 out and it would have zones A and B. I wouldn't remove zone B, I would go into the zones settings and assign zone B to the projector you know you will have connected.

If you want to save the projectors out you would save different zone files instead of altering the workspace.

Hey. You can create demo projectors and connecting the physical (real) projectors simply swap them in the list. Maybe it will help you. Sergey. I apologize for my English (Google).

Bug

Aaron: I deleted the zones, and then (with some tedium) used the Zone Explorer to remove the references to those zones from all the relevant cues.

Beyond flashes a status message at the bottom left - "Check Zones" if there is a cue with a dangling reference. However, even with all the invalid references removed (Zone Explorer report no problems), and even having restarted Beyond, the "Check Zones" message continues to flash.

Can you send me a screen shot of the check zones error and of what is showing when you click the error.

I adjust shows all the time from single to multiple zones and just change the projection zone settings or sometimes the track properties for the show. I wouldn't delete the whole zone, just reassign it to a hardware controller that is still there. If you delete the zone you have to go out and change all your cues.

Hi Aaron,

Sent you a screenshot.

If I reassign a zone to an existing projector, won't I be getting the output for that zone on that projector? That's not at all what I want. The "dummy projector" solution sounds right to me.

Dialog can be blocked by means of "Block No Light" option inside Misc tab of Configuration dialog.

Back