Keyframes in effect editor

smokeAndMirrors

Putting two points into a key editor for an effect causes a tween effect in the value. Is there a way to add an immediate "snap" frame rather than interpolating between every value?

well yes, kind off....

make the keys you want to snap between
For convenience place them close together.
and then place them on top of eachother.

This may take some practice, be cause the 'order' you place them on top each other seems to matter.

well yes, kind off....

make the keys you want to snap between
For convenience place them close together.
and then place them on top of eachother.

This may take some practice, be cause the 'order' you place them on top each other seems to matter.

Yeah I was trying this, it got messy %)

Would be a useful feature to add - Alexey, Bill?

Hi!

it would be great to see this because giving a reply. for some reason can not visualize situation. Quick related question. Do you know that right click on a Key call context menu where you can select a waveform for motion between the keys. Do you look for something like "hold" ? a static value between the keys? I think that the only case when you need to put two keys onto one position of time.

Best Regards,
Alexey

Hi!

it would be great to see this because giving a reply. for some reason can not visualize situation. Quick related question. Do you know that right click on a Key call context menu where you can select a waveform for motion between the keys. Do you look for something like "hold" ? a static value between the keys? I think that the only case when you need to put two keys onto one position of time.

Best Regards,
Alexey

Hi Alexey

Yes that's sort of the idea. Suppose the following

0_______50________
*----------*-----------

where the 0 keyframe has value 0 and the 50 keyframe has value 10. Then currently the output is a ramp (t = 25%, value = 5) whereas I want it to be of value 0 right up to t=50% and it jumps to 10.

A suggestion for the key-frame context menu; Allocate keys evenly.

Just like in the color effect context menu.

You need to create 3 keypoints for this. the first key at value 0, and then a second key at value 0 to hold the motion, placed immediately before the 3rd key of value 10, so that the change occurs quickly. Sometimes it's a pain to have to do this, but if you think about it, it wouldn't make sense any other way. And yes, it can get messy with lots of key points everywhere, but you just have to do it that way. :)

Back