APC40 MkII -- lowering button brightness BEYOND

FiskeLasers

Is there anyway to lower the overall brightness of the Midi Buttons in the Beyond Interface/Pangoscript?
The light contamination of our dome is very apparent when you have the full board functioning.

Any "hard edits" that could be done on the user end within the resource files etc?

Ultimately it would be great to have the ability to set two custom buttons (+/-) for the global brightness of the APC40mkii.

I've contacted Akai, and they offered no help.

You can change the output in the midi panel - midi to surface and change the last two digits of the midi message, this will allow you to change colors, there are also darker colors in there.

Attachments

• Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-22 om 09.27.58.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-22 om 09.27.58.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 7
You can change the output in the midi panel - midi to surface and change the last two digits of the midi message, this will allow you to change colors, there are also darker colors in there.
Bob,
Thank you so much for your help. I was able to put together this list, by hand using the Midi Test Generator function in Beyond.
I'm listing it here for future reference for other people: Of course this is all subjective color references -- hopefully it will help everyone

Could you guide me on the other AlphaNumeric sets in the first two columns -- what are they used for? Column 1 = Button? Column = Command?

Im a new to Midi Modding, so I am a bit confused about what the difference is between Empty/EmptyFocused, Playing/Playing Focused etc.
Is there a list similar to this that lists the Midi Commands for the other AlphaNumeric codes for each column?

Any advice would really help me out. I and trying to create a "dark mode midi map" to share with the Beyond Community.

Color Chart for APC40MKii Chart April 2024
Color Code Color On Midi
00 off
01 Low white
02 Mid White
03 White
04 Peach
05 Red
06 Mid Red
07 Dark Red
08 White
09 Orange
0A Dark Orange
0B Dark Yellow
0C Light YGreen
OD Brigh YGreen
OE Dark YGreen
OF Darker YGreen
10 Light Green
11 Green
12 Mid Green
13 ` Dark Green
14 Bright White Green
15 Bright Green
16 Darker Green
17 Lowest Green
18 Light Aqua
19 Bright Green
1A Mid Green
1B Dark Green
1C Bright White Aqua
1D Bright Aqua
1E Mid Green
1F Dark Aqua
20 Light Aqua
21 Mid Aqua
22 Dark Mid Aqua
23 Darkest Aqua
24 Light Blue
25 Mid Light Blue
26 Dark Blue Green
27 Darkest Blue Green
28 Bright White Blue
29 Bright Blue
2A Dark Blue
2B Darkest Blue
2C Light Purple
2D Full Royal Blue
2E Dark Royal Blue
2F Darkest Royal Blue
30 Light Purple
31 Purple
32 Mid Purple
33 Dark Purple
34 Mid Pink
35 Magenta
36 Dark magenta
37 Darkest Magenta
38 Peach
39 Bright Pink
3A Mid Magenta
3B Dark Magenta
3C Bright Orange
3D Mid Orange
3E Mid Yellow Orange
3F Mid Lime Green
40 Solid Green
41 Mid Aqua
42 Mid Dark Aqua
43 Solid Blue
44 Mid light Aqua
45 Mid Light Purple
46 50 White
47 30 White
48 Bright Full Red
49 YellowGreen
4A Bright yellow Green
4B Bright Lime Green
4C Bright Full Green
4D Bright full Aqua
4E Bright full Aqua
4F Full Baby Blue
50 Light Purple
51 Bright Purple
52 Mid Pink
53 Dark Orange
54 Mid Orange
55 Green
56 Bright Green
57 Full Green
58 Bright Light Green
59 Light Green
5A Light White Green
5B Light White Blue
5C Mid Light Blue
5D Light mid Blue
5E Magenta
5F Full Magenta
60 Yellow
61 Mid Yellow
62 Green
63 Darker Yellow
64 Darkest Yellow
65 Mid Green
66 Mid Aqua
67 40% White
68 Dark White Blue
69 Dark White Yellow
6A Bright Pink
6B Bright Peach
6C Mid Yellowpeach
6D Light Yellow Green
6E Light Green White
6F Light Lime Green
70 Dark Gray
71 Light yellow
72 Light Green
73 Light white blue
74 Light White Purple
75 Dark Gray
76 Mid Gray
77 Light Gray Green
78 Bright Red
79 Mid Red
7A Full Green
7B Mid Green
7C Mid Yellow Green
7D Dark Yellow
7E Mid Orange
7F Dark Orange

Bob,
Thank you so much for your help. I was able to put together this list, by hand using the Midi Test Generator function in Beyond.
I'm listing it here for future reference for other people: Of course this is all subjective color references -- hopefully it will help everyone

Could you guide me on the other AlphaNumeric sets in the first two columns -- what are they used for? Column 1 = Button? Column = Command?

Im a new to Midi Modding, so I am a bit confused about what the difference is between Empty/EmptyFocused, Playing/Playing Focused etc.
Is there a list similar to this that lists the Midi Commands for the other AlphaNumeric codes for each column?

Any advice would really help me out. I and trying to create a "dark mode midi map" to share with the Beyond Community.

--cut--

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

Column is the button grid from left to right, top to bottom.

Empty = the color of the midi button when there is no data in the cue/cell of your workspace
empty focused = the color that the cue will be on screen when it is focused (this is the box around a cue, try moving it with your cursor keys)
focused = then this box around a cue is selecting an empty cell.
Playing = the cue color when the specific cell is playing.
playing focused = the cue color when the cell playing and it's selected by the box.

The first 4 digits are the address on the MIDI controller, the last 2 are the exact color.

Once you have it finished, publish it to the Pangolin Cloud and let us know the ID so we can find it easily.

Bob,
Thank you for the help. I've uploaded into the Pangolin Cloud the Midi Map "Akai APC40 MKii Dark Mode Profile"
I was able to recolor the majority of the buttons except for 1-6 on the secondary Grids. I could modify the colors for some, but could not find the call ups for Toggle Muted Zones by BPM and Manual and Master Pause etc. I'd like to give them a Static Value of 7F (Dark Orange) and an Active of 17 (Dark Green)

Item ID 6255 Category MIDI Profile

Back