Beyond Recording to Depence 2 Multimedia Track

Do you think depence 2 should allow for recording of Beyond streams to the sequencer?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
I've contacted depence(syncronorm) support and they have informed me that recording beyond input to depence 2 sequencer is "not allowed". Is this something that could possibly happen in the future @Bob @igor @alexei ? I understand the concern for being able to output from Depence without beyond after a beyond data stream is recorded - but if they dont have a way to do ilda out, then it wouldnt be a concern.

Furthermore, the sequencer is the way depence 2 does video renders - so if you cant record a beyond stream to the sequencer, how can you render things from depence that include laser?

I want to be able to record a beyond data stream to the sequencer and be able to render it out in depence2 along with the other elements I have in the show

HI Nick,

Recording of Pangolin laser frames at visualization software side is indeed not allowed. This is not a subject of discussion.

Next BEYOND (5.2) has Recorder and Exporter, designed for large files. It includes many things, we will start wider external testing in coming future. So, on data level task solved.

In visualization data player - this is subject for some research & development, current visualization streaming made for real time communication, it definitely would be wise to review this area.

The situation as I see it - you want to use BEYOND data without BEYOND, which basically is a financial question rather than technical.

Anyway, we will come to this question after completion of currently active development modules.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Thanks for the reply Alexey. Im not necessarily trying to use beyond data without beyond - I'm trying to streamline video renders in depence2. If the sequencer could record this data into depence2, then it would make rendering much easier and not require the use of syncronorm timecode being sent back into beyond to playback at 'render' speed. It just seems to me like it would be much more efficient if you were able to package the render data all in one place

Back