Beyond + Touchdesigner

Diksn

Hey there,
up front - I'm completely new to Beyond or the laser game in general.

We are preparing a show where we project with a laser onto a LED wall with matching content/mapping.
I'm quite experienced in making visuals with Touchdesigner and co. But I struggle to find a way to record/export data from Touch to Beyond. Realtime input is not a big deal due to the PangolinCHOP that comes with Touch, but I want to record my scene somehow to play it back during the show.

So my questions are:
  1. Is there a way to record/export the laser data from touchdesigner and import it into Beyond (e.g. 10sec 300 frames long animation already converted from geometry data to laser/pangolin data?)
  2. Is there a way to record the realtime input that I can send to Beyond with the PangolinCHOP inside of Pangolin (Pause/Record could be controlled with OSC via touch for this purpose)
  3. Are there other ways to manage this workflow other than exporting the Geo data frame by frame from touchdesigner, save it as, for example, FBX and import that into C4D and render it for Beyond via the C4D plugin thats available? this is like 3-4 extra steps (export geo from Touch, package it in Houdini, Import it into C4D, Render it in C4D and export it via plugin to Pangolin.
for reference what kind of stuff I want to do: https://www.intus.tv/coincidenttia

I'm thankfully for any kind of help/tips
Lucas

Back