Beyond w/Timecode?

to Pangolin

will the TC2000 have a USB connector so we can use it with any laptop that dose not have a serial connector

I can confirm that the Aquila works now with Beyond. I have mine hooked up via a USB to serial adapter and it has no issues. I've tested both the Aquila timecode and midi timecode with a midisport unit and had no issues with either. A big thanks to Pangolin for listening to us and getting this implemented.

I've got a known working smpte timecode setup for Showtime with an Aquila through USB serial port adapter. I've been trying to use the same system to track timecode in Beyond with version 548. Can someone give me the setup steps for enabling and using smpte? I tried following the instructions from the previous motu video tracking post but that didn't help me.

WOW! Chasing timecode is not an intuitive thing to set up. But I finally figured it out.
My timecode goes into an Aquila which is connected to the PC via a USB/serial adapter.

1. In Grid Mode - Settings/SMPTE Controller Settings: ENABLED select the correct COM port and timecode rate.

2. In Grid Mode - Settings/Configuration/Timecode: Timecode Routing - Automatic.
Incoming Timecode - Enable Midi Timecode (I'm not sure if this is needed for my set up)

3. In Timeline Mode - File/Show Properties: Timecode input ENABLED (I subtract 1hr from incoming TC)

Then when you are in Timeline mode, and you play smpte, any programming on the timeline in the area of code you are playing will be displayed in sync.

Tc2000 usb

Does the new "TC2000 USB" work in BEYOND?

I am testing it right now with SMPTE timecode.

Old ST2000 works perfectly as usual.
But BEYOND (v1.80 build548) has problems and does not recognize the interface at all...

BEYOND_Timecode.pdf does not mention the new TC2000 USB.

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED!
BEYOND v1.9 build 557 is required for the new TC2000 (USB)
Thank you, Pangolin, for the excellent and quick support.

Last edited:
Back