Bitfocus Companion and Beyond

Discussion in 'PangoScript, Universe and Midi Templates' started by Tesa, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Tesa

Tesa New Member

Hi guys

I am trying to use a stream DeckXL with Beyond, to trigger the FX tab, but I can't find out how. I have read almost any thread here regarding OSC, but still don't know how it works. I know absolutely nothing about scripting, OSC commands and so on, and the more I read the more confused I get. Can someone explain it to me, like I was a 4 year old :)

Bitfocus companion and BEYOND.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2019
  2. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

As far as I know, stream deck is not able to send OSC.

As alternative you could use send2b.exe, and have Stream Deck execute the exe file with an additional OSC command:

Code:
    FXClick 3,1   
    where 3 = the FX row and 1 is the FX cell.

So that would make

Code:
    Send2b.exe FXClick 3,1

3. ping141

ping141 Well-Known Member

I use Companion a lot, so let me try to help you. But what do you mean by "trigger the FX tab", do you mean the "effect" tab by "live control", "pangoscript" etc.?

Generally for using Streamdeck to send OSC, use Companion and make a "generic OSC" instance. Then make a button in Companion that send a given OSC command, it just needs to correlate to the one Beyond listens to. Then go into OSC Server in Beyond and make a receiver. Not everything you might want to control is controllable, but you can set up some quite nice stuff here. See attached pics.

instance.PNG osc send.PNG beyond osc.PNG

4. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

Additionally, you can open the Pangoscript editor >> click on objects >> Expand the object tree on For example "main graphics" and see and use one of the many default OSC strings can be used.

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 15.19.41.png

5. ping141

ping141 Well-Known Member

I have not really started digging into the objects yet, but I'mlooking forward to it. :)