Control Quickshow ques from lighting control software on the same computer

I've tried everywhere to find an answer and I'm hoping someone can help.

I run QLC+ live during shows to control my lighting. Light ques are triggered through QLC+ via midi sequence ques on my synthesizer. QLC+ does not run in the background, it's in front because I do make some live cues as well. I've now added a laser to my show, ILDA through FB3QS & Quickshow 4.

Problem:
I need to be able to trigger Quickshow ques from QLC+ and both are running on the same computer. I tried midi and can control Quickshow from QLC+ but can't trigger ques. I used Bome's midi translator to send keystrokes from QLC+ to Quickshow, and it worked, but (I'm guessing) unless Quickshow is the "active" program in "front" it doesn't hear the keystrokes. I need my lighting control software (QLC+) to be in the forefront while I'm performing. Quickshow can be controlled remotely via DMX but I'm not aware of any "virtual" DMX connection I can make between two programs running on the same computer. I can't be the only person who's had this issue right? Is there a solution? All I need to do is control Quickshow ques from my lighting control software on the same computer.

ANY information would be so greatly appreciated! Please note I don't have the option to upgrade to Beyond, it's just too expensive - i have to find a work-around.

Quickshow 4 / FB3QS
5W RGB laser with ILDA and DMX inputs/outputs
Laptop with Windows 10
QLC+ lighting control software

I also have (if needed)
Enttec DMX USB Pro
Lots and lots of connector cables of all kinds.

Hi, Michael!
At a minimum, you can control QuickShow via Enttec DMX USB Pro on the same computer.

Also you can send your question to our support line: support at pangolin dot com

Thanks Igor, I simply connected the Enttec pro via usb into my computer and set a universe in my QLC+ lighting control software to output to it. I then tried to connect it through Quickshow and the connection keeps crashing. Perhaps there's a preference selected/deselected that shouldn't be?

Maybe you can split the midi signal coming out from your keyboard to 2 midi to usb devices.
Than you can set its software to its own midi device.

Aricha, I'm not sure but I don't think it's possible to change Quickshow ques with midi ???

Igor, thank you again sincerely for your help. I appreciate everyone's time so I tried to make the images below as concise as possible. I thought perhaps it might be good to see the setup I'm trying to use, in case there is some really obvious mistake. I'd be grateful if you'd have a look.

Here is the basic setup I'm using to test. My lighting program is in front of Quickshow on the computer. My Enttec is only connected to the computer via USB, nothing else - is that correct? I also noticed something strange. Quickshow will only connect to the Enttec before I start up my lighting program. If my lighting program is connected first, the Enttec is blinking but Quickshow can't connect and throws an error. Conversely, if Quickshow is connected first, the Enttec does not blink.

test_setup.jpg

Here are my Quickshow settings

quickshow_settings.jpg

Here are my QLC+ lighting program settings

qlcplus_settings.jpg

Hi, Michael!
I can reproduce your configuration only over the weekend. If you need a faster response, you can get it at our technical support. To do this you need to write an email to support at pangolin dot com

Hello, Michael!
Have you already read the response from our technical support (from Aaron) to you ticket? Are there any more questions?

Hi Igor,

Aaron responded with a really detailed (and very helpful) description of exactly what I need to do - awesome! I need to get one more cable and I should be good to go. I thanked Aaron but I'd like to thank you as well for all your help. I'll make sure and drop a note once I get this all set up. I'm hoping everything works to plan. If so I'll make sure to post the solution Aaron gave me here. If not hopefully I can bug you for another question or two. Thanks again.

Back