"ENTTEC USB PRO" PROBLEM

Hi, Davide!
This is a really, really strange problem!
I saw your ticket and correspondence with our technical support.
Please check the default DMX settings
upload_2020-8-16_16-9-14.png

If you have all the same, then let's wait a bit for a response from our developer

OK! Go on!
What version of Windows do you have? 32bit or 64bit?
If 64bit, then please, try installing 32bit QS and run test on it

Hi Davide, have you used windows its default drivers? . The Enttec pro will be found and shows to be working with the default driver but it will NOT work.
Please try to remove the FTDI driver with the driver remover : FTDI Driver Cleaner

After its uninstalled first install the real Enttec driver before you reconnect the enttec USB Pro.
If you still cannot make it work, please download the Enttec pro utility and test if you can get output with their program.

Hi, Davide!
I think that before formatting it is worth checking the work of Enttec on another computer.
And I think we're about to get a response from our developers.

Hi Davide,

I made a special version of QS for test of your situation. Screenshot attached Logic is simple. According to description it looks like QS does not send the data (of there is no DMX Output from enter). In other words - it does not work. There may be very different reasons behind such description. Lets split on steps and find out where is breaks.
1. QS level, QS may not send the data into EntTec
2. EntTec does not send out
3. DMX Fixture unadle to read DMX stream
4. Incorrect configuration of channels (DMX Fitxure settings).

What I know by reading log files - EntTec report back serial number. It means communication with EntTec works. This is good sign. Next question is - DMX data, does QS send it to EntTEC? I made special build which count sent DMX frames. It made right after sending to EntTec. If count goes up - this QS work is done, data sent. You need to start animated DMX sequence in QS to see how the value of Frame counter increase. It will be our border line. Will send a link in private message.

OK. The main guess I have is DMX stream settings. This is 2nd and 3rd parameter in DMX Settings window (see above). I recommend to set higher values, it will slow down the stream, and it may help DMX Fixture read the data Increase value by 20%/ If not help - 40%. I had this problem with some of DMX fixtures. I had this problem with QM2000 and EntTec by DMX. I had to slow down data flow by means of settings. I cannot tell exact values because it depends from exact hardware.

Anyway, lets test software ;level and the see what to do next.

Best Regards,
Alexey

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 6
nothing i just tried does not work connects but the green led behind EntTEC does not blink.
if you want we can do a session with TeamViewer. I send you the log files

Hi, Please take a look at attached screenshot. Build 1344 has a new feature - counter of sent DMX frames. Screenshot has instructions. I need to know does the frame counter increase the value or no.

Best Regards,
Alexey

Attachments

• DEMO.png
    DEMO.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 7
Back