FB4 Update Issue

Discussion in 'FB series of products' started by Lance G, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Lance G

Lance G New Member

I am currently having an issue updating the FB4-SE cards in my lasers. I have updated to Beyond 4.0 from a fully operational Beyond 3.0, and have performed the following attempts of updating:
    I plugged in the entire system via RJ45 Cat 5e into the gigabit network switch, opened Beyond 4.0, the list of available lasers populates and I select update all. The FB4 cards connect, 'Updating', 'Checking SD Card', and then the FB4-SE lasers show a disconnected state. The 'Checking SD Card' remains on the screen indefinitely.

I then attempt to connect a single FB4-SE laser directly into the computer and perform the same task described above. The result is exactly the same. I have repeated this direct connection method for every FB4-SE laser I have with the same result. The FB4-SE on every laser will not update.

If anyone has solved this issue, I greatly appreciate any information regarding a solution. Thank you.

2. Lance G

Lance G New Member

The Beyond 4.0 Updater does not update the FB4 card firmware, however the Quickshow Updater does update the firmware. I suggest you fix this.

3. Igor Strakhov

Igor Strakhov Staff Member

Hi, Lance G!
    Thank you for the information. We will pay attention to this problem

4. Igor Strakhov

Hi, Lance G!
    Please, write the number of the release, which occurred issue

5. Timmy G.

Timmy G. Member

I had the same Problem with Beyond (1186).
    After a few trys i switched to Quickshow and the update works fine.

6. Igor Strakhov

Hey, guys!
    This issue has been reported to the developer and will be resolved in an upcoming update.