Jitter problem with APC 40 MK I

Mgould

While dicking around with the last problem, we discovered a new one:

We had a slight jitter to scanned images. Not related to scan rate or anything we could pin down.
Except it went away when we disconnected the APC 40.

Sounds like some problem with the switcher PSU for the APC, but we checked that with a scope and it was clean as a whistle.

We re-routed cables, plugged into different USB ports, with and without a USB hub, and did everything else we could think of, no joy.

It is a minor problem that the audience probably wouldn't notice, but we do.

Anyone else seen this?
Maybe I have a bum APC 40?

TIA...Mike

What kind of PC where you using? Im thinking of usb power management, usb drivers.. uhh Never heard of this issue before. And as far as I know this should not interfere with each other. Uhh a defective slider/button/pot sending gibberish? What does the midi monitor tell you?

I have a mini that does it too .All the sliders have line noise coming in on them .Had it apart , checked grounds voltage etc but jumping is coming from the mini like there is a bad ground . Still hoping for a fix .Have disabled the sliders on every laser function and remapped one to volume and that jumps bad too. I am going to try adding some capacitors on slider to ground to see if that will filter out the noise .

Back