Pangoscript FX Questions: StopFX & 1/4 Per Line / Drop

keebs

Couple quick questions regarding pangoscript for some Quick FX related items.

1) How do you use "StopFX" properly? It is listed with parameters, but the example gives none:
"StopFX // One or more layers. 0 stop. Effect 1..100"

Putting parameters in makes the text red indicating an error.

2) Am I correct that there is currently no pangoscript or other method to switch between "1 Per Line", "4 Per Line" and "Drop"? If there is a way to control it, how is this done?

Thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Four in FX line and other FX changes are relatively new. Commands for FX are really old and one of first commands added in PangoScript. No doubt they do not reflect all current functionality. Situation is even more complex because current UI of BEYOND do not show all functionality of FX section, and there are a few scenarios of evolution. We need to think well before adding a new commands. It is easy to add, but not easy to take back.

I made a note in TODO list. We will work on this as soon as time will allow.

Thanks for pointing on.

Alexey

Gotcha. That makes sense re: adding/removing functionality.

Thanks for the response and noting it.

Cheers,

Todd

ps - I think I've posted about this before, but I'd also love the ability to control the Quick Targets section with PangoScript (currently selected line, add line, remove line, target on/off, target color, time/bpm rate) . I've been told this type of live control is better suited for LivePRO, but I think just the above functions would give you the ability to create a cool quick target sequencer.

Currently we have a time of "stabilization and documentation". No doubt we will back for this area after that.

Regards,
Alexey.

I'd love to see some documentation around using FX from pangoscript. Does anyone have examples of how to:

start an effect, stop an effect, etc.

How about layers? Can someone describe how that is working?

I'm trying to create some often used effects within my universe window and am having difficulties stopping individual effects without stopping all...

Under the hood, FX in Live Control is array of effect indexes. We have FX Grid that contain effects, and multiple Live Controls that use these effects. So, Live Control contain array of indexes. SetFX command set the index of effect. Counting should be from 1. Zero means "no effect", and this is what you are looking for. I quickly checked code, and SetFX should work.

In case of cues - yes, we really "start" it, BEYOND create player for this. In case of FX - this is just a manipulation with indexed of effects that stored in Live Control objects.

Let me know if you will have problems with SetFX.

Alexey

Hi Todd,

There are multiple commands that set the address of Live-Control object. ControlZone, ControlSelZones, ControlSelCues, ControlMaster, ControlCue, ControlFromUI. SetFX is from family of live control commands, same as commands for position, rotation, brightness, and so on. Technically, live control has 3 parts - geometric/color, effects, and time. In UI you see it as Live Control tab, FX tab, and Time Control tab. So, set the address, and then call command with action that does something. The address is personal setting of each scripter. This allow the scrips to do different things. The address commands separated because address is not so uniform. As example ControlMaster has no parameter. ControlZone - one parameter, ControlCue - two parameters (page index, cue index). Yes, it may sounds a bit complex, but this is uniform construction.

Regards,
Alexey

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the explanation. Now that there is an option to run 4x effects per line, is there any more graceful way of toggling these effects without having to stop all effects within a particular line?

SetFX 2,4
SetFX 2,5
SetFX 2,6
UnSetFX 2,5

etc...

Back