Problem setting up 2 FB3s

vIQleS

I may need to update this when I'm in front of my gear later, but i'll try and explain it and maybe someone will know what I'm talking about.

I've been using QS for a few months on and off with 1x FB3. I've had no problem setting / changing the settings for it when I switch between my RGB 700mW and one or both of my Green 1000mW.

I've just purchased another RGB, and FB3, and I've been trying to run through the setup process - X, Y, size, scanrate etc.

What's happening is I can set the first one to whatever I need, but then the second one doesn't seem to be seperate from the first; when I switch to it, whatever I'm changing applies to the first one [As well? Instead? I need to check this. I think I was getting both at once]

OK - I tested this again and what's happening is the second fb3 doesn't seem to count.

The first one sets up OK, but then when I switch to the other one, and make changes (& display the test pattern etc) it still applies to the first one, and doesn't seem to affect the 2nd at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

The forum can be a great tool for some topics, and a completely inadequate tool for other topics.

The problem you are having could likely be resolved in as little as a two minute telephone call, or as long as days or weeks of forum posting...

For this kind of problem we would prefer telephone call. Please call our office, and note that we are available nearly 24 hours per day and nearly 7 days per week. Just give us a call and you might be surprised to find out exactly what time of the day and what day of the week we pick up....

With this being said, you should make sure that the second FB3 shows up on the status line in QuickShow. If it does, then it's probably a simple matter of configuring projection zones to access it.

Best regards,

William Benner

Phone call's a bit of an ask probably, I'm not sure what the toll rates are to call the US from NZ... (not particularly keen to find out either. :p)

When I've got a few minutes I intend to send you a email / contact form.

In the meantime - I have discovered a workaround:

When you make the adjustments in the Projector settings window, the test pattern will only ever display on the first FB3.

However the adjustments do apply to the selected FB3.

So what I've done is imported a whole set of test pattern ILDs (into cues - on a new 'tests' page). I can set one running and then open the settings window and make the adjustments. You'll see the changes in the running cue.

I'm not sure if that's as clear as it could be - if it's not, feel free to ask questions and I'll try and clarify.

(The zones window works as expected BTW, so you can make those adjustments as normal.)

I got my second FB3 today and there is no need to copy test patterns into the queue, you can address both FB3/projectors independently but do it via projection zones rather than projector setting. Going into settings that way allows you to change the projectors independently.

Back