SDK + built in fonts

Tim_in_UK

I am new to the LD2000 & currently experimenting with the SDK

I noticed in this fora a reference to the LD2000 board having built in vector based fonts, is it possible to use these & if so is there a coding example or documentation I can refer to, that explains how ?

I am projecting onto a wall, everything is right/left reversed, I guess this is for back displaying, is there a setting that I can use to change this - or am I missing something ?

Tim

I am projecting onto a wall, everything is right/left reversed, I guess this is for back displaying, is there a setting that I can use to change this - or am I missing something ?
You have reversed X signalling lines or have badly set up Projection Zones.

HI Tim,

Yes it's possible to use all of the laser fonts that LD2000 uses. Just see the Autoplay source code, which is part of the LD2000 SDK. That will show you how to scroll text. You can modify that code as needed for your own application.

Bill

Thanks for that info, I am not a lover of Basic, but it seems fairly straightforward, You load a fontfile (LoadFont) which is actually an .LDA file with one frame per char & then use SetChar to render a character out. Not all the parameters are documented but I can work it out now by trial and error.

Thanks
Tim

Just to clarify a few things...

First, the LD2000 SDK doesn't necessarily need to be used with BASIC. It will work with any language that can use a DLL, although most of the examples are in Visual Basic.

Second, what you wrote is not really correct. LDA files generally are never used in the font process. And it's not really one frame per character. One laser frame can contain any number of characters in any font or even a mixture of fonts.

The LD2000 SDK has a header file which shows the font-related functions. The Autoplay source code includes a function which can scroll text. This function can be taken apart and used to generate non-moving text. It simply demonstrates the process of scrolling text.

Back