Wav or MP3 files disapear whole the time on QuickTimeline

Hi.

I know before having this trouble with MP3 and it was more stable to put a Wav file for the music. But now it seems MP3 or Wav files are ok on the last version of Quickshow 4.0.

My problem is still the same, on QuickTimeline the audio file always disapear even I put Wav or MP3.
I don't know what to do and it's really embarrassing when we work on.

Someone having the answer for this problem?
Thanks in advance for your solutions

Could you please copy qs.exe into a new empty directory, and load the audio file into the QuickTimeline?

Can you tell me if the problem also occurs there?

Finally the problem still the same. I create a new directory on disk C:, put QS.exe inside the program install all in this directory but without any cue or sample inside. I tried again Quicktime line with same wav audio file and after some manipulations to create a cue, editing, etc. The audio file dissapear again and again.

I create another directory in disk D: same problem. I create a copy of the original installation in QS directory to place in a new directory. Same problem. I bring another audio file. Same.

I work under Windows 10 Pro build 1903.
It's annoying :mad: and I can not work serenely like that.:(

Someone having a real solution for this problem?

Hi, Thierry!
Please make a video recording of the screen with this problem.
The description is not very clear at what point the problem appears.

I cant, only have Win 10 computers. I even tried copy/pasting the audio file into the MusicForShows folder manually.

Hi f150trk21
Hi Igor
I still have the problem and it's not solved unfortunately.
Igor I didn't recording a video because first I don't have habit with record programs and like I told you. It could take 5 minutes like 45 minutes before the audio file disapear.
f150trk21 If you find a solution somewhere, let me know because I think I'm not alone now for having this issue now.
Thanks in advance for all help

Hi guys!
First of all, you need to update QuickShow to a completely new version 1288 and follow it for the disappearance of the audio-track.

If the problem still remains, then:
I ask you to follow the disappearance of the audio-track and try to remember/notice after WHAT ACTION the audio-track disappears.
Does this happen with any audio track? With any show?
If this doesn't happen with every show, then what are the features of a show in which the audio-track disappears?

I installed 1286, audio still disappears randomly. In my case the audio file name will remain with a red circle X in the timeline but the waveform is gone. It happens randomly even when I’m not touching the program, I’ll just come back to the computer and it’s unlinked. Is there a certain folder that audio file needs to be in? I’m using DMX commands in this show. I’ll try a different wav file and show later.

Last edited:
So I added the same audio file to a new show and threw in some random cues and can’t get it to disappear this time. Maybe some combination of cues in my other show is causing the issue.

f150trk21, thanks for the information!
I will be grateful to you if you follow the behavior of the audio track. Please write what the results will be.

Hello guys, in my side. I upgrade to 1186 and I still didn't seen the audio track disapear and for information I still use the same show than before. I tried to upgrade to 1188 but even the program ask me at beginning to upgrade when I say ok he check and say I'm up to date. Then I downloaded all the program on Pangolin site thinking it will be the build 1188 but it's still 1186 after installing

5jEqcKL.jpg

this time i was dragging a cue made with Quickshape down to the timeline when it disappeared. Is there any issues with audio file sizes or names?

Last edited:
C:\QS\MusicForShows
file size: 40mb
I had to manually paste the file into this folder, I thought it was supposed to automatically.

thanks

Last edited:
Back