Filip Drazovic

I'm quite new to Quickshow, but I'm struggling to find an elegant way to run multiple cues on a single laser without drastic brightness changes.

If I have a single big wave running and then multiple little beams on top of that, the wave's brightness will drop because the laser has more work to do. However, if I want to gradually fade the beams away using effects, the cues still remain active, keeping the wave's brightness low even though the beams are not visible anymore.

The video below shows my issue:
and my timeline was set up like this:
qi2MquG.jpg

At about 4-5 seconds in to the video the wave's brightness jumps up drastically because the beam cues have completed, even though the brightness effect made them fade out earlier.

What's the best way to go about such an effect - where you have a large atmospheric wave and then small melodic beams that fade out?

1 You can use beams that have less points in them.
The beams will be darker but it will have less effect on the wave brightness and flickering.

2. You can keep the beam on till the end of the wave with brightness 0. This way the scanners will still scan the beams which will live less time for the wave to be scanned which will keep the brightness of the wave as it was before.

Back