Multi-Zone, multi-projector shows with FB4 autoplay?

Discussion in 'FB series of products' started by Garrett_502, May 16, 2018.

1. Garrett_502

Garrett_502 Well-Known Member

I've been lead to believe that mutli-projector, and multi-zone shows can be played back from projectors that are each equipped with FB4's on the same network. Is this true? I can't seem to find any documentation, or even anyone discussing this. I want to know if I can trigger a show via dmx to play back having each projector displaying different cues, etc? Are there any tutorials out there that explain this process?

2. Garrett_502

And i'm talking about shows saved to the SD card, without software. Standalone shows triggering events from multiple FB4's on the same network.

3. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Garrett,

I advice you to hold of for a moment in this area. There are massive changes made in BEYOND 4 to simplify the method of controlling stand alone FB4's .

4. Garrett_502

I would really like to set up a system that plays back shows without a computer running Beyond or QS. I'm considering using an iPad with TouschOSC to trigger show playback. My only concern is audio. I wonder if there is a device I can use to save mp3 files to an SD card and trigger them with the OSC messages to sync to the shows. Anyone have any input on this? I'm installing the system for a client, and I want to make it as easy as possible, without having to use a computer that requires updates, and crashes, etc...

5. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

You will get sync issues.. There is no synchronised stand-alone playback when using FB4's. No computer runs on the exact same speed.
    Start 2 mp3's on 2 different computers, and listen if they are in sync and stay in sync.