Not able to pass OSC arguments

Robert DiAddezio

We are trying to send OSC commands via a VB control panel and have not been able to successfully execute any command that requires an argument.

An example (attached screenshot 2) shows the successful exection of the following command:

/beyond/master/blackout

However, the following commands are not successful (screenshot 5) and do nothing. We are trying to trigger a specific cue:

/beyond/cue/1/6/startcue
or
/beyond/general/startcue

We are able to play a cue with the CueDown command or StartCell, however they do not have any arguments and do not allow for specific cue selections, such as Page 1 Cue 6, etc.

In addition, the following simple command to change the brightness (screenshot 6) of anything currently displaying does nothing:

/beyond/general/brightness 25

Again, any command that does not need an argument/value will execute fine, anything that requires any argument/value does not execute.

Screen Shot 2.png Screen Shot 5.png Screen Shot 6.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert DiAddezio
Beyond 4.0 Ultimate
FB4

Thanks for question. There is typical mistake. Please check out OSC protocol specification. Message has 3 parts - address, TTS, and optional arguments. Putting arguments in a text form into address is not correct. So, if command require arguments, then you must specify TTS, and arguments according to specification. Arguments in a text form, at the end of address is not correct.

BEYOND Check number and type of arguments. Each OSC message has internal definition (and execution), and execution part will ignore messages with incorrect arguments. Open window Settings-OSC-OSC Server, On the 1st tab you will see embedded HTML file with tables - address, arguments, commentaries.

Many OSC command redirected to PangoScript. In such cases - check number of arguments in PangoScript command table.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

I'm trying to figure this out as well... Alexey, can you just simply answer the question without all the extra, more confusing text??

If I want to send the OSC command to trigger cue #6 on page #1... using TouchOSC from the iPad to Beyond... please, just show the command!

After much research and considerable discussion, TouchOSC simply cannot trigger a cue because it only sends float, not string which is what Beyond needs for the page and cue data. TouchOSC is looking to add the ability to choose between float, string, and integer in the future, but who knows when that will be. So triggering cues from TouchOSC via OSC isn't possible.

So triggering cues from TouchOSC via OSC isn't possible.

Thanks, rpomygal, I´ve been looking around for this info forever :D Thought I was an idiot!
Funny thing is, you can trigger the first cue on a page using float. You can change page using float. But you can´t trigger a cue with float.

Back