OSC to Pangoscript Value Range

Josephallen

Hi there!
Currently working on an OSC setup where the range from our midi sends 0.1-1 and is being sent to beyond to control the percentage value of faders.

Currently we are only able to make it activate and go full 100% with no control of the range.

Currently we have obs: Pangoscript:
beyond/master/fxaction1 | FXAction 1, 100

We have tried to do a range in the script like SetFXAction 1..100

But that doesn’t seem to work. Could this be because our OSC midi is only sending 0-1, and beyond is needing 0-100?
Hi there!
Currently working on an OSC setup where the range from our midi sends 0.1-1 and is being sent to beyond to control the percentage value of faders.

Currently we are only able to make it activate and go full 100% with no control of the range.

Currently we have obs: Pangoscript:
beyond/master/fxaction1 | FXAction 1, 10

FXAction must be set per 4 rows at once, so FXaction 1,100 sets row one to 1% and row 2 to 100%.

Try SetFXAction1 100 for line 1 with a range of 1-100
try SetFXAction3 100 for line 3 with a range of 1-100

Thanks Bob, what is the string to set values or ranges?

“SetFXAction1 100” just seems to snap FX Action 1 to 100 with no variable range.

For reference, the entire input string from OSC is “/beyond/master/livecontrol/setfxaction1 (F) 0.xxx” and is is currently coded to “SetFXAction1 100”

This command snaps Fx action 1 to zero when used.

It seems as though beyond isn’t recognizing the values of 0.xxx to 1 as percentages.

Hey Bob, I am working with Joseph on this one as well. Here is another variation, with the same result. I am trying to get the action to reset each time it receives a new 0 to 1 value from the OSC Sender. As Joseph has stated, this value is 0.xxx to 1 from the sender. I tried creating a variable, and then multiplying that variable times 100, with still no luck. My assumptions is it is not continuously polling, or identifying the value range.

In sum we are trying to map an encoder from a DAW to a fader within beyond via OSC. Thank you for your help.

globalvar FXA5
FXA5=OSCParam(1)*100
SetFxAction 5, FXA5*100// One or more layers. Set effect action from 0% to 100%

Just following up, as after sleeping on it, it seems to work now. For reference the following code worked for assigning fxaction 5 to the aforementioned parameters.

globalvar FXA5
FXA5=OSCParam(1)*100
SetFxAction 5, FXA5// One or more layers. Set effect action from 0% to 100%

Back