Set a Cue Length

Jezric

When creating a new Cue using Shape Editor, or any other generator types really, a cue that contains effects that loop like Oscillations, etc. I don't see a way to set the Cue to just play for a certain amount of time and then stop.

For instance, A Cue with a shape to start large and reduce in size to a single beam (using a Key effect - Size). This will just loop by default, how do I set the Cue to just play through that effect once and then stop or otherwise set the Cue play length so it doesn't loop.

Possible ways I see this happening:

- have some other effect that tells the Cue container to stop after a certain amount of time, or using the clock/ number of beats or something

- Have a setting in the Cue itself that just says to stop playing after a certain amount of time.

I see in the Cue properties dialog there is an Export tab where it looks like you can set a duration but doesn't seem to do anything. (it says "Cue contain Shape Duration is flexible").

Thanks

Hmm... I don't see an Options Tab or anything that says limit cue duration in the Cue Properties.

Attachments

• qs2.JPG
    qs2.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
  • qs1.JPG
    qs1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
I don't see this specific method in BEYOND. Have you tried to create and limit it on the timeline? Then drag the preview back in a cue?

Woah... I didn't know that you could have multiple Cues each launching a different timeline or that dragging the Preview of a timeline to a Cue slot sets up that trigger.... Yes, that totally works and I believe this solves my issue entirely and then some... Thanks Bob.

Last edited:
Back